|Global IT University|Clearwater, FL|
Access these courses anytime, anywhere, on your own schedule. Just take a look at some of the offerings
- Fire Safety - Employees will recognize the dangers of fire and the fundamentals of fire prevention; the requirements for emergency exit routes; the classes of fire, the types of portable fire extinguishers, workplace requirements for fire extinguishers; and basic guidelines for responding to a fire alarm and for using a hand portable fire extinguisher.
- Flammable Liquid Safety - This lesson covers the principles of hazard recognition, general safety requirements, flashpoint protection and inventory inspections in the use of flammable and combustible liquids in the workplace.
- Formaldehyde Safety - Formaldehyde is one of the most common industrial chemicals in use today. It is also recognized as one of the most common toxic elements found in industry and it is a leading cause of workplace illness. This lesson provides an awareness of the specific hazards of formaldehyde in the work place and ways to reduce the risk for potential injuries and illnesses related to over-exposure of the chemical.
- Hand Safety - Each year workers suffer the pain and disability of hand injuries and lose millions of dollars in income while disabled. Hand Safety helps employees identify the causes and types of hand injuries and how to prevent them, ways to protect the hands through the proper selection of gloves, and effective safe work practices.
- Hand and Power Tool Safety - Each employee using hand and power tools will recognize definitions and types of portable tools, the potential hazards connected with their use, including manual, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, liquid-fueled, powder-actuated, and abrasive wheel tools, and will demonstrate the proper procedures required for each type of tool.